Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Miami Vice



When I was about 15 the highlight of my week was Miami Vice. Freezing and miserable on a school playing field on a Wednesday afternoon in damp and horrible East Yorkshire, I knew that at 9 O'Clock that evening I would be transported to the drug war in Southern Florida. I have yet to see this film but am very prepared to reserved judgement. I think it's going to be great. It's hard to communicate how central to my development Miami Vice is. I am actually thinking about buying a Static Caravan somewhere near the Sea. Not quite a Sloop on Miami Harbour and without the pet Alligator but it's a start. Listen to "Smuggler's Blues" by Glen Frey for more details. Miami Vice is probably why I still fell comfortable wearing pink shoes. Despite the fact I am 35.

No comments: